Saturday 1 September 2012

Adventure

A week from now, I may be in Sydney once again. Once again, I feel like as though I have gone through yet another life changing adventure and then return home to tell everyone about it. I feel like an adventurer, to go back to my village and tell all those who stayed behind what it was like in the New World. Looking at their fascinated faces, you can't help but smile and tell them how fantastic your journey has been, and luckily, that is exactly how it turned out. 

I'm sure they will ask whether I want to transfer back. I would like to tell them I have an answer to that but I don't know. Perhaps, a better question would be how much I am willing to sacrifice for someone. Sure, going back would bring me status, wealth, more friends, a better living environment, a healthier life, more resources and options and a chance to start a relationship; there isn't much that is holding me back. However, being a person not fond of changes, as I believe there is to be a purpose or lesson to be learnt in every detour or road trip of my life, I am not sure if now is the time to hang up my boots and settle down for a while. Actually, its more like Batman attempting to make the jump in order to return to Gotham City. Knowing that I may completely lose my Law degree, my friends and all that I have here just to go give it a shot. Having such parallels to Batman does make me sound very heroic indeed. :P

So I guess from now until my jump, I will have to train myself to be the very best to face the challenges ahead. Actually, now that I think about it, this really seems like The Dark Knight Rises, except I couldn't find anyone I know to be Bane. So from now on, you guys can call me Batman, Bruce Wayne in public. Just kidding, I don't want to be named after someone else lol

So yea, this little trip back to Sydney is going to be an interesting expedition. If it all goes well, I wont need to fake my death and bump into you guys in a cafe far far away :P

- Chris T.

No comments:

Post a Comment