Tuesday 28 August 2012

Revelations

There isn't any day quite like today. 

It all started with a tiny, yellow post-it note stuck onto my dorm room door. It contained a verse and a warm message from a dear friend. A gentle reminder that I will always have my back covered but little did I know, it signifies the start of an extraordinary day.

Still dazed by a half remembered dream and the thoughtful memo, I found my phone vibrating with a familiar name appearing on the screen. Answering the call without hesitation, I was invited to meet my comrade for a chat ASAP before my first class. Upon examining the notifications on my phone, it appears that two other close friends of mine tried to reach me for a similar agenda. Just as I was about to give up attempting to make sense of the bizarre string of events, a new, unread message popped up. It brought about a revelation I did not anticipate to unfold so swiftly, so unexpectedly. It was an announcement that I know will forever change our lives as we know it, no matter how much we attempt to deny or strive to regress the consequences of fate. Fully equipped with that knowledge, I packed my bag, readying myself for an inevitable and bewildering detour of my uni life. 

I will not bore you with the details of the individual encounters for the supposedly joyous matter, however, it was the attitude of you, my friends, that really surprised me. I discovered through the hidden intentions of my friend that he truly treats me as a brother in heart, a friend who would rather keep all her worries to herself than to reveal how upset and scared she is to me and a formerly nonchalant friend who slowly melts away her coldness and reveals her more thoughtful and caring side.

A day of revelations unfolding after one another... It is like flowers along our path opening up to a Spring morning after the end of the Winter night. I hope you guys will blossom beautifully and magnificently under the gentle sunlight indefinitely knowing that I'm always there as a cloud, unaffected by your growth but aloft to complete the picture.

- Chris T.

No comments:

Post a Comment